TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Visa madness... - Teachers Discussion
Frank - 2006-08-14

M,

A number of people play fast and loose with these two visas, but I don't suggest you try it. When the immigration authorities decide to clamp down on somebody for this visa violation, guess who it will be???

YOU -- not the school!

The Z visa is the ONLY one that allows a people to work and collect wages LEGALLY in China. Other posters can perhaps give you a better explanation of the F visa... All I can tell you is that the F visa is the "Business visa," but it is meant for coming to China short-term (I believe the time limit for an F visa is three months). It allows to one to enter China to conduct business, such as consulting, but not to draw wages from a Chinese company directly. It assumes that you are on the payroll of a company in your home country, whose business interests you are representing while in China.

Again, others can explain the limits and conditions of the F visa in more detail and perhaps more clearly; but one thing is CLEAR: it is not legal to teach and accept wages for teaching services in China on an F visa.

Some people can really get into BIG trouble when playing games with visas. DON'T DO IT! Any school that is trying to persuade to work for them on an F visa, is not looking out for you, and but only their interests. This situation also implies that do not have the necessary legal status to obtain a Z visa, and proper residence permit for you.

BE CAREFUL!

Messages In This Thread
Teach on an F? - Teachers Discussion -- M -- 2006-08-14
Visa madness... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-14
Working on F-Visa - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-08-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Visa madness... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -