TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Stay Away! HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion
Past Teacher - 2006-08-30

They are a for-profit private school that has been poorly run ever since they opened. They are located in one of the poorest districts outside of the city. Teachers leave in mid term and no professional teacher ever returns for a 2nd year.
They claim 100% of their students passed the Canadian High School Literacy Test (and an equally high number pass the CAEL test to get accepted into a Canadian University).
This is absolutely amazing and I wonder just how they do it. (I know how they do it - I was there!) All seems pretty strange considering our own Canadian native English speaking students have considerable difficulty passing the Literacy Test.
They hire puppet Canadian principals who pretend to run the show. There was one hand-in-his-pocket weasley principal a year or so back who hadn't been in a classroom for over 20 years, managed to run one of the school boards back in Ontario to the ground, and managed to alienate every teacher at Huamei in just a few weeks. Yelled at and criticised teachers in public and behind their back, and never provided any support. Not well liked in Canada and despised by the teachers at Humaei.
Still, the Canadian inspector passed this school - WOW! the principal bullied and threatened the teachers into doing a dog and pony show for the inspector and there was certainly some interesting paper shuffling going on.
Students just pay their way in. Most of them can't get into a Chinese university or school because their skills are not up to par compared to the rest of their peers. Their behaviour is rough and not at all typical of Chinese students. Oh well, they manage to get into Canada nonetheless! Aren't we lucky!
A school best to be avoided. Stay away!

Messages In This Thread
BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- George Evashuk -- 2006-05-11
Re BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- Steven Katsipodas -- 2016-10-25
BE AWARE OF SILLY POSTINGS -- Nick Grigoriou -- 2008-04-15
Huamei International School / ŏ -- disgruntled emloyee -- 2007-03-20
Stay Away! HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- Past Teacher -- 2006-08-30
is it good to study in Guangzhou huamei International school? - Teachers Discussion -- trang -- 2006-09-02
I teach at Huamei International school. - Teachers Discussion -- Ivan Nalder -- 2006-05-30
Bottom of the Barrel - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke LOOK! I BEEN TO COLLEGE! -- 2006-05-22
Burned in China - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-05-22
Honor and Justice - Relax George - Teachers Discussion -- DB -- 2006-05-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Stay Away! HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -