TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China nonsense - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2006-09-03

Good ones Julia. Here's a few more:

Planned power outages.........Okay, common enough in China or other developing nations; however, wouldn't it be nice if they let you know ahead of time? Had to throw away nearly everything in the refrigerator - after all, the heat has been hovering around 35 celcius. Have a friend who owns a restaurant in town. Yep, he had to dump a lot of previously refrigerated food.

Do nothing police...........How often have you seen the police pull someone over for traffic violations? I love it when people drive down the wrong side of the street just because it suits their fancy or they can maybe save a second. Or how about truck drivers speeding through intersections against the red light where there are old people, children etc. trying to cross the street. I could go on and on about this problem but you get the picture. Oh yeah, there is the incessant thievery that goes unpunished. Would you believe 10,000 bikes a year stolen on this campus where there are two police stations?

A complete absence of hygienic awareness.......Yeah, you mentioned a few Julia, but I've got to add this cause it just happened today. I'm sitting at a table quite near a fan in a restaurant where I and my girlfriend often eat noodles. A fat man finishes his noodles and walks over to the fan, pulls his shirt up around his neck and proceeds to cool his sweaty body. Need I mention that the fan was blowing in our direction? Yuk.......didn't finish my noodles.

Oh well, that's China. Gotta love it.

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China nonsense - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -