TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › "Tis but thy name that is my enemy" - Teachers Discussion
Martin - 2006-09-06

Dear Frank,

I admit it. It is unfair to use the pictures of previous foreign teachers on the current website for the school. I honestly didn't pick up on your problem until wednesday last week when I read the stream of messages you've been writing.

Well I agree it should be changed so I'm on the case, using my incredible super teacher powers that I clearly previously claimed to have. New pictures are being taken of the current foreign teachers and will appear on the website in about a week. Happy now?

As for your point that when they put the pictures for Mary-Kate and William on the site they could have removed the ones of Eric and Landon. True! But this doesn't show much understanding for the Chinese way of things. Boss tells subordinate office worker, who never has much to do with the teaching department, to include the pictures of 2 new teachers on the site. Thus they do, with no thought of removing the old ones. Whatever the reason, I agree with you that since the teachers don't work there now it should be changed, so I'm getting it changed.

You say they don't care. I'm sure the people who do all the work for the website really do not care at all. I'm sure they just do what they're told and apart from thet get on with their other jobs. It's not such a big issue.

Here's the website for you to check, it isn't changed yet, but it will be soon

http://www.nasdaken.com/szll.asp

You also attack Course Consultants saying that the evil Nasdaken monster essentailly compels them to say "ANYTHING" to potential clients. Again you show too little understanding. Have you actually had any problems at Nasdaken or is it all rumours and speculation? Of course they must try hard to get students and they have to make the school sound as good as they can without telling lies. We all know they must be tempted to push the truth, or at least show a very positive picture of things. It's an aweful job but it's absolutely necessary. This isn't a middle school or university, it's a company.

Incidentaly, my position in this company is to work for the school and the students, so that's what I do. The marketing side of the school has wound me up a few times but it's nothing more than an annoyance. It's a natural company conflict between 2 departments. You make things sound so much more serious than this.

Please understand the 'subject' is just a joke, Capulet!

Martin
Head Teacher of Nasdaken

Messages In This Thread
Nasdaken International English - Teachers discussion -- Stacy -- 2006-04-08
Hmmmm - Teachers Discussion -- Cian -- 2006-07-11
I say "Hmmmmm..." also, but for different reasons - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-11
Sounds like I'd sign a contract today.... - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-13
Speaking of "runners"... and "happy" full timers - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-13
Those annoying mindsets the powers push us to adopt - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-14
More "Chinese," please... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-14
Well, to be frank again, Frank - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-15
the chinese way - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- mj -- 2006-07-14
A long (and possibly pointless?) reply - Teachers Discussion -- Cian -- 2006-07-12
response - Teachers Discussion -- American in Nanjing -- 2006-05-08
Reply - Teachers Discussion -- Stacy -- 2006-05-12
...and another thing - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-06-04
In support of Stacy and her statements about Nasdaken - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-06-04
Subtle extensions of the truth - Teachers Discussion -- Martin -- 2006-08-02
Thanks, and best wishes to you (from my "bad mouth") - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-04
Keeping a watchful eye... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-09
Martin? Where For Art Thou, Martin? - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-17
"Tis but thy name that is my enemy" - Teachers Discussion -- Martin -- 2006-09-06
Martin, a reply from you -- AT LONG LAST!!! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-09-06
Nasdaken obviously DOESN'T CARE - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-24
Websites, etc. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-08-24
"As the website turns..." - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-24
Have you posted this warning on Raoul's site? - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › "Tis but thy name that is my enemy" - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -