TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Now, that's funny! - Teachers Discussion
Hal - 2006-09-10

What is more embarrassing is the immaturity, the hostility and anger, the narrow-mindedness, the one-up-manship, the mental and emotional distress, and the chest thumping that is frequently displayed on the net.

But it's the internet and it's meant to be informal and it's meant to be funny and it's meant to be anonymous and most of it is just a lot of hogwash anyway, right?

Hey, ##Esl,

Doesn't this quote strike you as the proverbial pot calling the kettle black?

I am certainly with you about language teachers being better in writing their responses; after all, they do represent their profession even if it is in China where the market is saturated with lousy schools, corrupt administrators, and unethical recruiters.

But judging by your history of posting here, I do find your responses to various postings and reviews as nothing short of what you should be embarrassed about yourself--your immaturity, your sense of self-righteousness, and the usual underhandedness of attacking a poster or a reviewer.

But it's the internet right?

Based on your snotty, caustic replies, it doesn't take anyone with much intelligience to figure out what you're all about, even if a teacher writes badly.

Being a pompous cyber jerk won't win you any friends in the cyber arena, but that really doesn't strike me as a particular high priority with you especially if it gets in the way of your attack mode.

Hey, I hear KFC is hiring. Those pressure cookers for the extra crispy need someone of your caliber. Why don't you apply? It would be good therapy for managing your anger, and might even help you come to terms with your chicken s#%$ replies.

Messages In This Thread
Now, that's funny! - Teachers Discussion -- Hal -- 2006-09-10
1000 xiexies, Hal! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-09-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Now, that's funny! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -