TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › 1000 xiexies, Hal! - Teachers Discussion
Frank - 2006-09-11

Hal!

Thanks for the laughs and for making me cheer!

Yes, it seems the one (and only) thing all of us can agree upon is that some posters should pay more attention to the quality of writing they contribute ESL-related websites and discussion forums, such as this one. This "disease" is more of a "pandemic," because it is certainly not restricted to this website alone.

But where I loudly applaud your remarks is in your reaction to those FTs/posters who tend to speak to the rest of us from "on high;" contributing posts that are not so much discussions, as they are bloated, chastising, self-righteous, self-aggrandizing lectures! (I'll be happy to provide examples with weblinks.)

For the most part, I maintain a very friendly and hospitable attitude toward folks who contribute here, but nothing rankles me more than those who take it upon themselves to tell the rest of us how to think, how to feel, and how to behave (usually forgetting that other readers have also logged time here in China -- or another Eastern/Far Eastern country).

As much as most of us are a bit embarrassed or even horrified by the quality of some people's writing, I am far more taken aback by the arrogance and hypocracy displayed by of a number of ESLTB posters. (I also have a theory that a few of these people are actually one and the same person -- just using a variety of monikers -- fish4esl is not one of them.)

Thanks a million for your wise and winning post!

Bravo!

Messages In This Thread
Now, that's funny! - Teachers Discussion -- Hal -- 2006-09-10
1000 xiexies, Hal! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-09-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › 1000 xiexies, Hal! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -