TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps
Foxy - 2016-10-26
In response to Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps (Curious)

This is why I called you a dino: You resist evolution. It's your absolute right to chose
to be an antique chair or a dino skeleton in a museum or the tombstone of Eleanor Rigby
at St Peter's Church.

If you wish to engage me in a serious debate then I respectfully suggest that you refrain from using ad hominems.
My reply to your 'shopping list' was as flippant as your original post seemed to be.

As regards resisting evolution, or 'change', you couldn't be further from the truth.
'Change' is either for the better or worse, both of which are perceived differently, depending on one's perspective.

Only yesterday I was telling some Grade 7 students how the name 'Gay' used to be a very common name for women in the UK many years ago.
I remember my mother having two friends who were both named 'Gay'. Those women would now be well into their 70's. Imagine meeting new people and introducing yourself - 'Hi, I'm Gladys,' 'Oh, nice to meet you, I'm Gay.'

'Change', as you suggest, it not always for the 'better'.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps -- Curious -- 2016-10-25
Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps -- Foxy -- 2016-10-26
Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps -- Curious -- 2016-10-26
Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps -- Curious -- 2016-10-26
Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps -- Curious -- 2016-10-27
Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps -- Foxy -- 2016-10-27
Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps -- Curious -- 2016-10-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps

Go to another board -