TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute
Foxy - 2016-11-16
In response to Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute (Former FT in China)

Teachers are supposed to be role models. Those teachers who practise prostitution are not
good role models for their students and therefore should be fired.

That would make an excellent 'Debate' question ! It's a question of 'ethics' and something that the PC Brigade would enjoy, no doubt.

Whilst it's easy to simply agree with your statement, it calls into question whether or not someone has the RIGHT to decide what another person has the RIGHT to do. Especially if it's legal!

I remember a few years ago on one of my first visits to China, I was having lunch with a very nice Chinese factory owner and his wife, who was a teacher. They had plenty of money, and since they wanted to have a second child, paying the 'fine' to the Chinese government was not going to be a problem for them.

Under the one-child-policy, any person deliberately having more than one child, (if they were not 'qualified' to do so under the weird constraints at the time), had to pay a 'fine' to the government.

As I say, this was not a problem for this couple, however, as a teacher, if she became pregnant with her second child she would have been fired for 'setting a bad example'.

That said, this is China and not NZ.

Messages In This Thread
Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute -- Former FT in China -- 2016-11-16
Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute -- Foxy -- 2016-11-16
Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute -- Former FT in China -- 2016-11-17
Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute -- Foxy -- 2016-11-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re By day a teacher ... by night a prostitute

Go to another board -