TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Former FT in China - 2016-11-22

The BBC seem to have done very well this time, would you agree?

Can't seem to get the BBC today, hope it's not blocked? They should rename the UK, United Thuggery. We should pay the Chinese to look after them for their sentences.

Just working out how costly the UK is to live in compared to China. Look at this, my latest bill for gas and leccy and I'm not there. It's all standing charges. In China if you have a flat but don't live there you don't attract standing charges, or bloody council tax.

Well, my new residence permit may have gone in today. Some yank told me that he's 59 and looks forward to next year so he won't need to take another medical. Any truth in that? I could do with a year permit really because although we split early summer/late spring, we will still get dragged back for the following Spring Festering.

Depends on the actual local time time you access links for live streaming from sites based outside China. Try again at differnt times. Link is still working here.

Try this one for BBC World Service Radio:

http://www.odyovi.com/united-kingdom/london/free-online-english-radio/listen-live/bbc-world-service-radio

Re standing charges in the UK, that's the system there. China is NOT Blighty, as we know!

Re medicals and residence permits, the local PSB can adjust them somewhat. So, I can't predict what will happen.

Messages In This Thread
Re Thugs -- Former FT in China -- 2016-11-22

Go to another board -