TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Calling all good women and men....
heretosay - 2016-12-05
In response to Re Calling all good women and men.... (Curious)

Wow! Just followed the link. Thank you so much. I had just finished responding to the piglet's latest rant and then had my spirits greatly lifted. What awesome news! I copied the following:

"I appreciate very much President Obama listening to the Native American people and millions of others who believe this pipeline should not be built," Sanders, a 2016 Democratic presidential candidate, said in a statement. "In the year 2016, we should not continue to trample on Native American sovereignty. We should not endanger the water supply of millions of people. We should not become more dependent on fossil fuel and accelerate the planetary crisis of climate change. Our job now is to transform our energy system away from fossil fuels, not to produce more greenhouse gas emissions."

Also, my compliments for taking the time to educate yourself regarding the history of the area. What so many people have been trying to get across is how vital the health of the river is to millions of people - not just the Sioux Nation.

We should savor this victory, as such outcomes may well be more difficult in the near future. Nevertheless, I'm buoyed by the fact that the people were heard and that all involved in the opposition to the pipeline did so non-violently even in the face of excessive force and gestapo tactics used by the police.

A good read, if you haven't come across it, is "It Can't Happen Here," by Sinclair Lewis.

Messages In This Thread
Calling all good women and men.... -- Curious -- 2016-11-27
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- juanisaac -- 2016-11-29
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Curious -- 2016-11-29
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- BeenThere -- 2016-11-27
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- amused -- 2016-11-27
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- heretosay -- 2016-11-29
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Curious -- 2016-12-04
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- heretosay -- 2016-12-05
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- BeenThere -- 2016-12-05
Thousands of veterans converge on North Dakota to aid pipeline protest -- Curious -- 2016-12-04
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- amused -- 2016-11-29
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Foxy -- 2016-12-04
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Foxy -- 2016-11-29
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Curious -- 2016-11-27
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- data boy -- 2016-11-27
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Fifi -- 2016-11-27
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- amused -- 2016-11-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Calling all good women and men....

Go to another board -