TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re A warning re the new work permit system
[poster] - 2016-12-07
In response to Re A warning re the new work permit system (Davyhulme)

He makes many pro-China videos which, for the longest time and even today had him being accused of being a 'Sell-out' a kind of Western WuMao, a suckup and cowardly for (alleged the critics) for posting glowing positive-only videos.

He now includes 'gripes' inside what are essentially very Pro-China videos. These are often done very fairly and with conditions and explanations and defenses of the Chinese which is why he still gets accused of being a big suck-up apologist for China.

His wife is not much younger than him. I think he once noted a 7 year age difference which is unremarkable for people their age.

A 'Barnacle'? I do believe they've left China for an American tour but I'd suppose what you call a 'barnacle' is him simply saying he's not finished his life here.. not quite yet. It seems they are attempting to make a little YT video channel business. Which might work. When you are married to a Chinese it certainly does mean you can't pack up and give up.

Also, he isn't Chinese so he probably doesn't see 'gripes' as reason enough to give up and run away. Chinese do see things that way I agree.

Messages In This Thread
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- Davyhulme -- 2016-12-07
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- [poster] -- 2016-12-07
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- Davyhulme -- 2016-12-08
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- [poster] -- 2016-12-08
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- Davyhulme -- 2016-12-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re A warning re the new work permit system

Go to another board -