TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re A warning re the new work permit system
[poster] - 2016-12-08
In response to Re A warning re the new work permit system (Davyhulme)

Bloody stupid to marry a chinese woman and just rely on a youtube channel,

I don't know him personally but it seems to me he's done fairly well teaching English but I think he has a partner and they are aiming to get a sponsored/product featuring YT channel.

Its very difficult from what i understand. Someone like that Casey Niestadt guy (name?) has done very VERY well with a YT channel. But then people don't really know he has a team, sponsors, they work on that channel literally 10 hours a day and already had some internet fame before Youtube as well as personal money to float himself aside from YT.

I don't know but it seems like the calculations indicate you need to REALLY get some massive views before you can do it 'as a living' or enough to get 1 or 2 thousand a month.

But having said that, if that is their hobby and lets say it pay for their camera, their drone, a few sponsorship goodies... well, good then. If that's a hobby they love to do i think its great.

but yes I'm sure his wife is already preparing how to pretend she was abused so she can get out of the marriage when he has no serious high-income career in South Africa.

Messages In This Thread
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- Davyhulme -- 2016-12-07
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- [poster] -- 2016-12-07
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- Davyhulme -- 2016-12-08
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- [poster] -- 2016-12-08
Re A warning re the new work permit system -- Davyhulme -- 2016-12-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re A warning re the new work permit system

Go to another board -