TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Road rash
heretosay - 2016-12-27
In response to Re: Re road rash (Fifi)

Yes, I may be a bit harsh now and then, and I'm sure there are those who find his rantings and ravings amusing and/or harmless. I just don't count myself as one of them. I will confess, however, that I could be persuaded to admit that his volumes of contributions do occasionally spark a wee bit of interest. Well, sort of like a match that one thinks is going to provide a flame but, sadly, just flickers on out.

I'm not sure SB would agree with or even appreciate your suggestion that his psyche is damaged, but I do see your point, which is that one should be more considerate, even caring, of others who haven't made it out of their angst. I'd have to give that more thought, but off the top of my head I'd say that I care less about those who haven't the time to care about others than I do about those sensible enough to recognize basic human values and to have that sensibility manifested in their lives and revealed by their writing. Moreover, I doubt seriously if SB wants me to feel sorry for him while he works on his anima.

Interesting that you brought up the notion that he, SB, likes animals. (I think that's what you meant by "good for animals.")

You see, in my mind, we could be saying he's this or that or the other thing, all bad, but it's okay because he loves animals. And I am serious about finding this interesting because it's something that's been oft on my mind lately; that is, I so often notice that people are so proud of and vocal about their love for animals/pets, yet their kindness and compassion for their fellow humans seems to be so, well, lacking.

Hope you have a happy and prosperous 2017.

Messages In This Thread
Re road rash -- heretosay -- 2016-12-26
Re road rash -- Trump diplomacy -- 2016-12-27
Re: Re road rash -- Arthur -- 2016-12-27
Re: Re road rash -- Trump diplomacy -- 2016-12-27
Re: Re road rash -- Foxy -- 2016-12-27
Re: Re road rash -- Trump diplomacy -- 2016-12-27
Re: Re road rash -- Foxy -- 2016-12-27
Re: Re road rash -- BeenThere -- 2016-12-27
Re: Re road rash -- Fifi -- 2016-12-27
Re: Road rash -- heretosay -- 2016-12-27
Re: Road rash -- Trump diplomacy -- 2016-12-27