TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The dust of unsuspecting Chinese meeting the West
Lamar - 2017-01-10
In response to Re The dust of unsuspecting Chinese meeting the West (Trump diplomacy)

I'm not in for the fame so the lack of acknowledgement from randomers is not so much of a problem for me. I just want to be left alone when out here and I take enough personal pride in seeing my students improving already.

Now a real problem that is directly related to the decreasing status of FTs in China is the mental and sometimes verbal harassment of any Foreigner perceived to be a deecher by the local populace. I can't be the only one who noticed the bipolar treatment I receive from random people out here depending on whether I wear a suit or dress casual. The condescending attitude, the random "Halou" using a mocking tone, etc... are never to be seen or heard with a suit on.

Chinese people seem to have a hard time realising that even professional expats and business Foreigners do not wear a suit and often go with shorts and a T on their day off, does that make them deechers once or twice per week?

Messages In This Thread
Re The dust of unsuspecting Chinese meeting the West -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-10
Re The dust of unsuspecting Chinese meeting the West -- Lamar -- 2017-01-10
Re The dust of unsuspecting Chinese meeting the West -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The dust of unsuspecting Chinese meeting the West

Go to another board -