TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › harm? - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2006-11-05

Honestly Heather, do you really think that I thought the point of your post was about writing skills. Not. If you'll go back over your post, you'll see that you specifically mentioned China several times and made inferences about China EFL teachers while doing so.
That you saw my response as an attack is unfortunate. Perhaps I should have toned it down a little - that would be criticism I'd willingly accept. Something like, "Hey KJ, tone it down a little will you?" But in all fairness Heather, I'll ask the question again. How could I have known that your writing was as it was because of dyslexia?
If you want to keep chewing on this bone, ok go ahead; however, I think you should read Fish's post and take it to heart. There's some good information there framed in a way that shouldn't cause you to get angry.
As for your concern about "good and innocent people being harmed," ok, well and good, I share your concern. If you'll go back through the archives here, you'll find verification of that. But let me make myself perfectly clear. I am concerned by posts such as yours that don't show both sides of the coin. I'm concerned because of China's need for well qualified and caring teachers. Posts such as yours may have a negative impact on the ability of legitimate schools to hire such teachers. Also, I am concerned that it is not only teachers that read this forum. Students also peruse these pages. I hope that they can be exposed to proper English while doing so.
But once again - sorry to have offended you, even though it was unintentional.

Messages In This Thread
harm? - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-11-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › harm? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -