TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › People are becoming more aware of the roles of big corporations
Curious - 2017-01-19

Last year, the Los Angeles Times published excellent articles about Purdue Pharma's highly addictive OxyContin and, specifically, about the traffic of the drug by Los Angeles gangs who carried the drug to Everett WA, a city of 100,000 north of Seattle. OxyContin did - and is still doing - a lot of damage to that city

Today I just read (link below) that because of those articles, the City of Everett is suing Purdue based on the fact that Purdue's internal investigation unit knew about the illegal traffic; they even had a list of some 1,800 suspect doctors.

And New Hampshire recently issued a subpoena for Purdue's records.

I so hope that every state does the same.

I also read recently that Purdue is now targeting developing countries, the way the tobacco industry did after they were severely curtailed in the US.

Let's keep the discussion going.

Messages In This Thread
People are becoming more aware of the roles of big corporations -- Curious -- 2017-01-19
Re People are becoming more aware of the roles of big corporations -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › People are becoming more aware of the roles of big corporations

Go to another board -