TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single
FTinPRC - 2017-02-20

I've had three weddings. I enjoyed each of them.

The marriages, not so much.

Men cannot understand the 'experience' of being a bride. I would suggest that weddings have little to do with the often harsh reality of marriage, in much the same way that high school and college graduations have little to do with education, Oscars and Academy awards have little to do with film, and winning elections has little to do with governing.

Brides feel a sense of joy that, as you say, has been culturally and commercially instilled in them since they were little girls.

I don't believe that marriage is an outdated institution or will ever become one. Each marriage, like everything else, ends. And every marriage is the unique dynamic of two unique individuals.

Most people crave companionship and fear change. Marriage is merely one of the stories we tell ourselves to console and/or delude our-self about the nature of human existence.

Messages In This Thread
BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single -- Curious -- 2017-02-20
Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single -- Caring -- 2017-02-21
Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single -- FTinPRC -- 2017-02-20
Re: Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single -- Arthur -- 2017-02-20
Re: Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single -- FTinPRC -- 2017-02-20
Re: Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single -- Curious -- 2017-02-20
Re: Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single -- FTinPRC -- 2017-02-20
Re: Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single -- Curious -- 2017-02-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re BBC: Why Millions of Chinese Men are Staying Single

Go to another board -