TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: imminent domain
Curious - 2017-03-13
In response to imminent domain (FTinPRC)

"I fear that Trump's wrath has banished California, revoking its statehood, quarantining its internet, its utilities, its righteous liberal citizens and, by proxy, silencing this forum's moderators and contributors."

Ha ha ha. If all the contributors are like me, they are taking a break from all the misogyny and hate against immigrants/refugees that we have been reading on this board in the last 1/2 year. Nobody is posting, it's my feeling, because we are all breathing deep... I can't talk for others of course but in my case, I am breathing deep. Healing. When I restart posting, I will be stronger.

I fear for America, FT.

Breet Bharara was a pillar. One of "the 7 pillars of wisdom" of America. And boom! Just like that! Gone!

Gone, Baby, Gone!

This board is totally insignificant but wait 1-2 years when the full war on freedom of speech rages towards all the confines of the world and the ogre goes after anything that moves with his apparatchiks.

California still has a lot of wild west testosterone and pink pussy hats. We will prevail. But the fight will be real, at all levels. Thanks god we have Governor Brown and strong people of the next generation with 81% popular support like Eric Garcetti. They will prevail.

One of their best allies will be the self-inflicted wounds of the ogre. He can't go one week without shooting himself in the dick. But what will really get him is the people of the red states who voted for him because he promised them jobs (often: coal jobs) and who are soon going to lose Obamacare. Look at the map below: That's the map that elected him. When they realize they have been screwed, they will turn against him. But the fantasy will persist for a few more months until the tide starts turning.

Meanwhile, we need more people like Senators McCain and Graham; we need 3-4 more and the Republican majority in the Senate is gone.

The main enemy, in my opinion, is the idea that this administration is just like any other administration and that we have to wait for the next election. The idea that we lost, that's all, and we have to accept it. But no! This administration is against democracy, against women, against non-whites, against science, against the environment, against the non-rich, and most importantly against truth.

We will resist and we will support those who resist.

Messages In This Thread
imminent domain -- FTinPRC -- 2017-03-13
Re imminent domain -- Arthur -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re imminent domain -- Wu -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re imminent domain -- Fifi -- 2017-03-15
Re: imminent domain -- Curious -- 2017-03-13
Re: imminent domain -- FTinPRC -- 2017-03-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: imminent domain

Go to another board -