TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou
Alias Taffy - 2017-03-31
In response to Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou (FTinPRC)

I'm sure a litany of complaints about China will be provided you. I'd like to provide some of the advantages of living in China.

1) China is experiencing a rapid historic transformation. If you have any interest in observing a society in transition, you will have a 'front row seat' if you live anywhere in China during this and the past decade. I am reminded of the U.S. in the 1960s.

Yes, the transformation is mainly buildings which are so badly constructed that they look old after just ten years

2) If you are a moderately pleasant person, the vast majority of Chinese will be welcoming and helpful.

Some people in the park searched high and low to find me the other day because I had left my mobile on a bench.

3) The price of living remains markedly lower than in most Western countries.

Seems more expensive than the UK to me unless you live on noodles. The milk is about 5 times more expensive.

4) Personal safety is superior than in the United States and, I suspect, most of Europe.

I totally agree with you.

5) The geographic diversity of China is stunning. I have been here over a decade but there remains many cities and sites that I must visit.

Yes, but within those diversified areas hardly a creature stirs because the Chinese will eat anything, and piss on anything. On a tangent, I observed two 60plus men with catapults yesterday, having a gay old time killing sparrows.

It's gone ten, Trumpsey and we don't have a drop of water yet. The reason is because the Chinese are pig-ignorant and just turn it off at a whim because the ordinary man in the street is of little consequence.

I say, jolly good to have us all back together don't you think after a bit of a coup de wotsit fizzled out?

6) Trump is not president of China.
Messages In This Thread
Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Future Teacher -- 2017-03-26
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Aphrodite -- 2017-03-28
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Chris Stafford -- 2017-03-30
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Aphrodite -- 2017-04-01
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-04-01
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- FTinPRC -- 2017-03-31
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-03-31
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Arthur -- 2017-04-01
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-04-01
Re: Nanjing or Hangzhou -- Wu -- 2017-03-31