TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › NETWORK ESL/chinaeslnet - Teachers Discussion
Bryan - 2007-01-15

Hello everyone,

Can someone please tell me anything that they know about NETWORK ESL/chinaeslnet@yahoo.com?!

I found their ad here: http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/China/index.pl?read=35047

They claim to be one of these "we're anglo-expats prepared to place you in direct contact with a top-pick school" groups.

My concern is that this really sort of seems to be too good to be true:

1. The correspondent's name is "Chris Johnson", and though his English is good, there seem to be run on sentences and sundry other minor mistakes that make me think that the letter writer is not an actual ex-pat.

2. They're looking to pay me 1,600 USD a month, ~ 12468RMB, at current exchange rates, along with the usual free accommodations, etc. Though I am not complaining, that does seem high compared to most other offers out there.

3. They say that they'll be putting me in touch with the school soon.

That's not much to go on yet. I expect that Mr. Johnson WILL be putting me in touch with the school soon, and overall I have a good feeling about this, but I've read enough horror stories that I know to try to do some research.

Thanks,

Bryan

Messages In This Thread
NETWORK ESL/chinaeslnet - Teachers Discussion -- Bryan -- 2007-01-15
Re: NETWORK ESL/chinaeslnet - Teachers Discussion -- somewhat burned -- 2008-11-30
Answer for Bryan - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2007-01-16
Network ESL - Teachers Discussion -- Bryan -- 2007-01-16
Answer for Bryan - Teachers Discussion -- Dianne -- 2007-01-16
Sounds fishy - Teachers Discussion -- Brian -- 2007-01-26
Re: Sounds fishy - Teachers Discussion -- Robert -- 2008-11-30
Re: Sounds fishy - Teachers Discussion -- satisfied -- 2008-12-01
Fishy, yes, but salmon fishy or grouper fishy? - Teachers Discussion -- Bryan -- 2007-01-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › NETWORK ESL/chinaeslnet - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -