TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re "Go East, Young American"
FTinPRC - 2017-04-24
In response to "Go East, Young American" (BeenThere)

Remember that he writes as an Indian immigrant to the U.S., now a professor at NYU, I believe.

The Manhattan that I resided in from 1973 until 12 years ago had been a mosaic of cultures and races and languages. I treasured that diversity then and miss it now. An hour sitting in Washington Square park, the heart of NYU in every way, is an experience that can not be duplicated in many places in the world.

That diversity is no longer welcomed by a significant portion of U.S. citizens. Silverboy often expresses their sentiments on this forum.

The U.S.' preeminence in the world is diminishing. That process is beyond the control of ordinary individual citizens of any country and doesn't necessarily translate into a reduced quality of like for them.

Fear and hatred of 'the other', however, does diminish the quality of an individual's life.

I lament the incredibly successful efforts of global elites in the U.S. in inciting sectarian hatred in order to protect their wealth from the threat of class struggle.

Messages In This Thread
"Go East, Young American" -- BeenThere -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- FTinPRC -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- Silverboy -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- expat hubby -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- Mr Potato Gravy -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- Silverboy -- 2017-04-24
Re: Re "Go East, Young American" -- Fifi -- 2017-04-24
orangutans or gorillas? -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-04-25
Re "Go East, Young American" -- expat hubby -- 2017-04-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re "Go East, Young American"