TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re "Go East, Young American"
expat hubby - 2017-04-24
In response to Re "Go East, Young American" (Mr Potato Gravy)

Foreign teachers in Asia must be among the lowest earners of expats working there.
While I agree that FTs are nowhere near the top, they are not anywhere near the bottom either.

Plenty of so-called "halfpats" earn either the same or less than Foreign teachers. We are talking about cooks, DJs, models, corporate drones (not managers), receptionists, etc... on local contract. In China, those people earn anywhere from 8 to 20k a month, while FTs are more 12-18k without qualifications, 20-30k with a teaching certificate.

Check out the jobs section on non-ESL oriented China websites, plenty of offers for those people and the salaries are nothing to be envied.

As for the real 'full-package' expats, and corporate managers, the big earners of the expat scene, they still make up less than 1% of the total even when excluding FTs, at least in China.

Whatever you say, mate! I can't be bothered to debate it with you!

What about the rest of my post? How about American gals in Asia, and the song? No comment, eh!

However, you may be fortunate enough to meet an American girl in Asia who is a partygoer and a free spirit. If she likes you, you can have lots of fun with her, no strings attached.

A good song -Young Americans sung by David Bowie:

http://music.163.com/#/song?id=27185189

Messages In This Thread
"Go East, Young American" -- BeenThere -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- FTinPRC -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- Silverboy -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- expat hubby -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- Mr Potato Gravy -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-04-24
Re "Go East, Young American" -- Silverboy -- 2017-04-24
Re: Re "Go East, Young American" -- Fifi -- 2017-04-24
orangutans or gorillas? -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-04-25