TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › And one other thing - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747 - 2007-02-10

Sorry about this addendum, Martin almighty, but I ran out of time on my last visit here.

Anyway, I know you have an issue on my choice of texts, but you have to understand one thing--my TESOL program didn't provide me with any. This outfit didn't even recommend books.

I also know you have an issue with the book I recommended by David Harris. It's the book on testing. Well, I know the book is old, but chew on this--my TESOL program didn't even cover testing. A book that will run one less than a book on Amazon will be good to take when he gets a TESOL from that outfit. It'll be better than the "nothing" I got fro my 1600 US bucks.

When I started teaching at my fist gig, the first assignment I had was to test my students. I had to test my students because my boss told me to do it. At that moment, I wish I would have had that book by Harris. The book (and subject matter) my TESOL program didn't provide, remember.

And the grammar book? That thing is priceless, cuss. It's a Princeton review text that won't go out of style until English grammar goes out of style.

Wiedersehen.

Messages In This Thread
The Ultimate Newbie's Guide (For Newbies only) - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-01-29
Information is valuable ..... - Teachers Discussion -- Martin McMorrow -- 2007-01-31
Not all are at your level - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-02-08
And one other thing - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-02-10
Some more to add - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-01-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › And one other thing - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -