TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Martin's right, and I know he's right - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747 - 2007-02-12
In response to False economy - Teachers Discussion (Martin McMorrow)

Matt, Martin's right. I've know he's right, as I'm currently running up against what he's mentioning in his post. Cheap isn't necessarily the best.

You'll have to be smart when choosing a Master's degree program, and beware there are no "cheap" programs, only programs that are "less expensive" than others.

Martin talks about the opportunity cost here, which is an ugly little monster that can leave you in poverty if you let it. While you're going for a master's, be sure you either get a grant (to get it free or at least partially free) or work during the time you're earning it. Don't be caught sitting in a classroom while earning this thing. You'll waste your chances to earn income during that time; income you may very well need later. Well, I guess if you have a rich uncle who can foot the cost you can spend time in a classroom five days a week. For me, though, those days are long gone.

I will have to work when I go for my M.A. But I want to make sure I work anyway.

Messages In This Thread
I'm looking - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-01-30
Re:Masters in TEFL. - Teachers Discussion -- Matthew -- 2007-01-31
Go cheap - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-02-10
Re:Go cheap. - Teachers Discussion -- Matthew -- 2007-02-11
False economy - Teachers Discussion -- Martin McMorrow -- 2007-02-11
Martin's right, and I know he's right - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-02-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Martin's right, and I know he's right - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -