TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Bank Account - The Facts - Teachers Discussion
Wuxi Guy - 2007-04-14
In response to Bank Account - Teachers Discussion (Nnacy)

Bank Account - Facts

In the real world, people give their bank account details to others on a daily basis. When I was operating a small business in Australia, purchasing re-sale items from distributors, it was not possible for me to establish credit accounts with every supplier. So suppliers, especially interstate suppliers, would send me their FULL bank account details to enable me to do a direct deposit payment into their bank account.

There is little to no danger in giving your bank account details to anyone; they can't access your account.

I think Nancy was referring to the emails scams whereby people offer to transfer large sums into your bank account, and they ask for your bank account details. But, your bank account details are basically irrelevant.

If you agree to the transaction, the scammers will tell you that a small to moderate processing fee is payable up-front. After you pay the "fee" the scammers will tell you that the transfer has been 50% completed, but, unfortunately, the local authorities have demanded payment of stamp duty, which you need to send immediately to finalise the transaction.

After you pay the stamp duty, the scammers will tell you that one final hurdle needs to be jumped - an inter-bank processing fee, or some other bulls_it. After you have made the third payment, you'll never hear from the scammers again.

But, the scammers DO NOT and CANNOT withdraw funds from your account.

Messages In This Thread
Bank Account - Teachers Discussion -- Nnacy -- 2007-03-19
Bank Account - The Facts - Teachers Discussion -- Wuxi Guy -- 2007-04-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Bank Account - The Facts - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -