TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Almayca- A slave school - Teachers Discussion
Duane Flanigan - 2007-04-18

Before I came to China, I read a negative post against Almayca on the internet. I thought the post was Bogus. But now, I believe the post is true. Do not trust what they say.

I am a US Citizen, BA Degree from UC Berkeley. I got screwed by a Canadian-Chinese language school operation here in Huadu, about an hour north of Guangzhou, (a big city of 15 million), which is 3 hours north of Hong Kong. The schools name is Almayca Languages Centre. The owners and managers of Almayca; Nikki, her fiance Byron, or Sam (none of which will provide me with their real names). I am a slave to a Chinese operation that says it is a language school. They steal my wages, and have provided me with unsafe living conditions.

Long story short, they screwed over a Philippine teacher and myself within a week of each of other, bringing in some old Canadian buddies to take over our jobs; screwing us out of our wages and apartment deposits. Example; the 'kitchen', all cockroach infested and disgusting, had no working stove or vent, and I threw them out after spending hours mopping up years of wok grease. Now they are charging me all of my deposit and last wages for the highest brand name new equipment to replace that which was non working. I want to make it safely out of the country before I go to the Canadian consulate in Los Angeles. for understandable reasons. I am forced by their contract to fly out on china southern airlines, a sleeze operation under investigation for their Chinese employees having stolen flight computer hardware-software from a Canadian computer company.

Wherever you go, do not go to work for Almayca Languages Centre

Duane Flanigan

Messages In This Thread
Almayca- A slave school - Teachers Discussion -- Duane Flanigan -- 2007-04-18
Canadians - Teachers Discussion -- Jeff -- 2007-04-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Almayca- A slave school - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -