TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously?
caring - 2018-03-29
In response to What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? (SuperKupo)

The education in schools/at home is the reason why so many Chinese are so uncomfortable with foreigners. My kids and I have to daily cope with incredible amounts of attention, questions and talking behind our backs. My kids are branded "mixed blood" after a few insulting questions and I, after being suspected of Xin Jiang Lao (Xin Jiang Foreigner), am looked at as some unwanted species from an unknown territories. I often feel so sorry for my wife who is a Chinese national and who has to deal with all that stuff. I especially feel sorry for my children that may have their self-esteem down for all the poor social attitudes around. Whenever I've come to pick them up from school, other kids stare, point fingers at us and scream "waiguoren" or "laowai" like it was necessary to say so loudly that we really are from elsewhere..which my kids truly aren't for they are born and raised in the same nation as the other kids. Moreover, I've been in the country for quite a bit longer than all those children that single me out so much that I am such an outsider. Anyhow, teachers do not assist their students with appropriate behaviours other than yell "hello" when they see foreigners, and then parents mostly tell their little ones that foreigners are different than they are. Whether the situation ever changes remains to be seen in the Beijing's concept of education and the social upbringing of Chinese that actually are not as hostile as some other nations' folks are.

Messages In This Thread
What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- SuperKupo -- 2018-03-29
Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- caring -- 2018-03-29
Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- SuperKupo -- 2018-03-29
Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Brock The Badger -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Fifi -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Educationist -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Educationist -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Brock The Badger -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- caring -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Brock The Badger -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- The Pilbara -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Non-nadiff sbeaker -- 2018-03-29
Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- In the Know -- 2018-03-29
Re: Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Arthur -- 2018-03-29
Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Parody Parrot -- 2018-03-29
Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- John O'Shei -- 2018-03-29
Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously? -- Brock The Badger -- 2018-03-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re What's wrong with Chinese people seriously?

Go to another board -