TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › image - Teachers Discussion
Old and Tired - 2007-05-29

Hello, Itmom,

First of all, let me say that I know nothing about the agency in question, nor much about working and living in Korea. I am in China.

Based on what I see here, I'm not surprised that you're having difficulty locating information (legit, or otherwise) about the establishment, on the internet.

On the occasions that I teach business English and/or western business practice courses, I tell my students that, for many western people, before they decide to apply for a job; apply for a school; or conduct almost any type of financial transaction these days -- one of the first things they will do is seek and review the company/school's website. If no reasonably credible website is easily found -- via popular search engines -- then the person likely becomes suspicious about the firm's credibility.

This element of building company image and reputation is VERY SLOWLY taking place in China. So much business is conducted orally here, over mobile phones. (One can theorize endlessly as to the reasons why.)

I hope someone can offer you much more solid, experiential information regarding the agency you identify than I was able to do. Sorry! Until you learn more, move cautiously, please.

Messages In This Thread
Nazarene Recruiting - Teachers Discussion -- ltmom -- 2007-05-29
image - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-05-29
Oh bloody well done !! - Teachers Discussion -- callmefred -- 2007-05-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › image - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -