TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › On the subject of propaganda... - Teachers Discussion
Crass SOB - 2007-06-13

Really, Fish! Do Tell!

In my mind, a propagandist is someone far more like you who refuses to support ANY slightly-negative claim other FTs make about the REALITIES of working in China. Someone who ridicules ANYONE who tries to tell others what they will possibly face when they come here. If my testimonies make you angry enough to call me "the worst propagandist," then I must be revealing more and more layers of truth about YOU and ESL working conditions in China! In fact, to be called "the worst propagandist" by you, Fish, is a compliment indeed!

I hope readers can see where so many China ESL recruiters loyalties lie -- with their own lucrative, exploitative interests, and with their school "leader" cronies who feather their beds.

If calling me "the worst propagandist" is your best way of illustrating the ethical gulf between you and I, great! Anything to show how much I am NOTHING like you is OK with me!

I was teaching a class last week, and the students and I were discussing the terms "public relations," and "publicity." I asked them what these terms mean. One young woman, immediately replied: "Propaganda, right?"

Just doing my part, I suppose, for China's "public relations" and "publicity" with folks thinking about venturing here for ESL service!

Like me, in the beginning, they might THINK they're coming here to help people, but the REAL help they will be providing is to school owners, "headmasters," "leaders," etc., by making them richer and richer and enabling them to bilk more and more money from the students and their parents for their own gain (i.e. to purchase private limousines, penthouses, etc.) I'm not kidding, folks! Not to mention, helping "propagandist" recruiters like YOU, Fish, to generously line their pockets as well.

Yes, folks, you will be helping many kind and hard-working students in China, but you also be helping school "leaders" and recruiters HELP THEMSELVES!

Messages In This Thread
On the subject of propaganda... - Teachers Discussion -- Crass SOB -- 2007-06-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › On the subject of propaganda... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -