TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thanks, and more - Teachers Discussion
Fed Up FT - 2007-07-02

KJ, thanks again for the olive branch. I assure you I am not trying to "beat a dead horse" at this point, but for the purpose of additional context... Yes, what you characterize about the problems unique to training school work is quite true. What I want to add though, is that at two very different points in time during these past years, I strayed from the mess of training schools for the fantasized world of Chinese universities (as I had been a university instructor in the U.S.) and each time found them to be an even greater mess in terms of scale, apathy, ineptitude, greed, and complacency.

At least in the training schools, I can be sure that the great majority of students will be motivated. So that's my point, KJ, I tried every possible teaching arena in China (at least in my geographical area), and found ALL of them to be educational disasters (and most of my students conifde to me at some point that they feel the same - without any prodding from me).

If i could (or can) find a way to continue living in China, without needing to make my living from dealing with unscrupulous "school leaders," I would gladly do it.

Best wishes to you, KJ!

Messages In This Thread
Leaving China - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-06-25
Okay - Teachers Discussion -- Wonderer -- 2007-06-25
Here's the source - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-06-30
75% Don't Return - Teachers Discussion -- Tony -- 2007-06-30
your point is? - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-06-30
The Point - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-07-01
Blurry-eyed from the Beijing kool-aid - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
it is to laugh....sincerely - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-07-02
Regrets... - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
Thanks Fed Up - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-07-02
Thanks, and more - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thanks, and more - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -