TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Non-native speaker applying for a teaching job in China - Teachers Discussion
juls - 2007-07-27

Hello... I'm interested to apply for an ESL teaching job in China. I'm currently a licensed teacher from the Philippines with more than 10 years of teaching experience to primary school children. I have a very good command of the English language and am comfortable speaking with it since English is used as the medium of instruction in the school where I teach. Lately I've been surfing on the internet regarding ESL job postings on various websites and one thing I noticed is that most employers prefer "native-speakers" from certain countries only such as the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand... I am planning to pursue a TESOL training certificate course but after reading all these job postings , I'm having second thoughts whether or not I should still continue to pursue it since most of these employers would prefer "native speakers" from certain countries anyway instead of looking at the qualifications and experience of the prospective applicant. Is there really a chance for non-native speakers like me to teach in China? Please advice.... Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Non-native speaker applying for a teaching job in China - Teachers Discussion -- juls -- 2007-07-27
You can - Teachers Discussion -- NNS -- 2007-07-29
any recruiter here??? - Teachers Discussion -- Ivan -- 2007-07-29
exteacher and recruiter (non Chinese) - Teachers Discussion -- Brandon W -- 2007-07-30
cn schools keep advertizing jobs for NNS (3,000 - 3,500 yuan a month) - Teachers Discussion -- comment -- 2007-07-29
message to NNS - Teachers Discussion -- juls -- 2007-07-29
NNS sounds like a recruiter. - Teachers Discussion -- Carl (filipino) -- 2007-07-30
no problem - Teachers Discussion -- wukong -- 2007-07-30
Yes - Teachers Discussion -- Chan -- 2007-07-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Non-native speaker applying for a teaching job in China - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -