TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Optimum lesson/session length - Teachers Discussion
Richard Townsend - 2007-09-11

Hi, New to teaching English however 9 years as corporate trainer. I have a request to teach English to a company group for six hours on a Saturdays. I think six is too long and three would be better particularly from a student fatigue and retention/learning point of view. Anyone have an opinion on optimum lesson times/length for a single weekly session or research on "knowledge retention" related to amount of information given at one time. From my corporate training experience information retention is usually poor due to information overload and student's 'afternoon fatigue' regardless of how much fun the 'game' was. Ric

Messages In This Thread
Optimum lesson/session length - Teachers Discussion -- Richard Townsend -- 2007-09-11
Re: Optimum lesson/session length - Teachers Discussion -- freeman -- 2007-09-12
Re: Optimum lesson/session length - Teachers Discussion -- Richard Townsend -- 2007-09-12
Re: Optimum lesson/session length - Teachers Discussion -- Richard Townsend -- 2007-09-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Optimum lesson/session length - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -