TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Glad to Help - Teachers Discussion
WOW - 2007-09-27

Good day, Mr. Hesse,

Perhaps my interpretation of what you said was wrong. If that is the case, then I owe you an apology.

Since this is an open forum, where people are FREE to express their feelings/ideas whether others agree or not - but does give FOOD FOR THOUGHT for other readers/contributors, I do want to briefly address two points: (not that we should be allowed to, or attempt to 'attack' each other).

"perpetuator" (or perpetrator!) - both words are correct. They have subtle differences in meaning, but quite interchangeable. I just looked it up in Websters just to make sure.

In response to:
'Mr. @Hesse@ was an anti-fascist author with a deep love and high respect for Buddhism and oriental cultural aspects in general.
He certainly was not a "perpetuator" (or perpetrator!) of any racial discrimination! Nor am I! I am married to a Chinese woman, have spent most of my life rubbing shoulders with people from exotic backgrounds and have been happy experiencing their lifestyles."

To be quite frank, that proves nothing and in any case would make me a saint, since I although I am classified as 'black', I have Irish, Syrian, Spanish, African, Maroon -(native Caribbean peoples before Columbus) and Oriental blood running through my veins. I also can count among my friends and close associates peoples of almost all races. It is the wonderful gift that I have been given - the result of the privilege of living in two very multicultural/multiracial societies - the Caribbean and Canada.

I have also met people who are married to people of another race, yet hold negative, bigoted views about the very race of the person to whom they are married - being 'black' that is 'as common as dirt'.

Perhaps I am a victim of something. Aren't we all? PLEASE have a good day!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Glad to Help - Teachers Discussion -- WOW -- 2007-09-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Glad to Help - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -