TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Newbie needs help - Teachers Discussion
Kavahead - 2007-11-15

I'm thinking about taking my 1st job as an ESL teacher and I like the sound of Harbin...but, after reading about the scams, lies & abuse I wonder now. Sounds like you cannot trust anything that is said (or even in writing!) Here is my idea; I'd appreciate feedback/response from some vets in the field. What if I just showed up in Harbin, looked around and interviewed with schools that appeared to be acceptable? Of course, there's no guarantee that there would be anything, but at least I wouldn't be committed to something untenable. If worse comes to worst, I take a month vacation in China and come back none the worse for wear. I'm thinking "boots on the ground" could avoid some of the b.s. I've read about. Think this would work?

Alternatively, I'm in the application process with Will-Excel in Harbin. It's a deal where you get a TESOL certificate in return for reduced wages. Anyone with experience with this outfit? Feedback?

Geez, I hope I didn't make any gross grammatical errors with this target audience!

Thanks in advance for the assist.

Messages In This Thread
Newbie needs help - Teachers Discussion -- Kavahead -- 2007-11-15
Re: Newbie needs help - Teachers Discussion -- Sheff -- 2007-11-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Newbie needs help - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -