TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Is this a bad sign?
Barney - 2008-01-13

I have just signed a contract. The process was quite long. After initially applying to an advertisement placed by a recruiter, I was sent some questions to answer. After the school looked over my answers I was sent a contract and invited for an interview. They asked about salary. I requested for some changes to be made to make the contract slightly more like the advertisement I had applied to (they made the implication that it was the recruiter's doing and said that the advertised was the upper limit). I asked them to make a change and they later notified me by email that the requested change would be fine.
Now when I am looking at the signed contract I notice that the airfare is no longer 10,000 for a round trip but 5000 one-way. I had checked the conract in my email before going to sign so I wouldnt have to carefully look over the contract while there. I personally dont like doing this and just assumed it would be fine. I had to sign a number of documents and as I was in the process I remember him saying something about a 2200 holiday allowance and he may have said something about it (I dont remember him saying) but I think I had already signed at that point and was talking with someone else. At no point did they mention that they had changed something.
I am supposed to begin next semester.
What do you think I should do?

Messages In This Thread
Is this a bad sign? -- Barney -- 2008-01-13
Re: Is this a bad sign? -- J Lee -- 2008-01-13
Re: Is this a bad sign? -- rt -- 2008-01-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Is this a bad sign?

Go to another board -