TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers?
SENIOR LAO SHI - 2008-01-24

But this is what I've observed I have been in China for three years now. At times the non- natives are more dedicated teachers than native speakers. The reason, they have to show their worth constantly or else, they might get replaced in a jiffy! It must be very hard to compete with all these white faces around. Schools are also stricter to NNS they have to have a Uni diploma, TESOL certificate, some teaching experience in order for them to land a job. How lucky we are (us NS) for we don't have to have all of these to teach and live large here in China. I am hoping that some other NS could show the same dedication as our NNS friends.

Bless your hearts.

Messages In This Thread
Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? -- Shanon -- 2008-01-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? -- SENIOR LAO SHI -- 2008-01-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? -- pinayinchina -- 2008-01-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers?

Go to another board -