TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: moving on
R.P.BenDedek - 2008-03-31
In response to moving on (freeman)

How refreshing to read your comments. I am now in my 6th year in China. I do understand exactly what you have written. My own perspective however, is that I am here for those who want to learn. I came to China for just 1 year and stayed - because the students really learned something of value from me and let me know it.

What is scary about China is the quality of it's future 'self-styled' leaders. Little do these precious darlings know that the real leaders of this country actually have proper qualifications and in-depth understanding of complex issues.

So - for all it's worth - ignore the worthless and love the worthy. As for the actual Education Dept..... well - as long as the paper work has all it's 't's' crossed and 'i's' dotted - that is all that matters.

In so many respects it is a crying shame what goes on here. But gee there are so many wonderful kids and hard working parents who really do have sound values and priciples.

Of course, having written this - I am myself, currently deciding whether to pull out of China or not. In place of 2 classes previously taught for one semester and crying out for me to continue my teaching program because they learned so much, I now have 3 classes of dipsticks who have no interest, which, combined with bad behaviour, prevents even the interested ones from learning. My complaint is about bureaucratic process rather than being concerned for the welfare of students.

One can only hope that the day will come when those who learned for the sake of learning, will provide a decent and intelligent future for their country. Just as an afterthought - do you ever wonder about those airline pilots? What sort of tests did they pass?

Messages In This Thread
moving on -- freeman -- 2008-03-30
Re: moving on -- R.P.BenDedek -- 2008-03-31
Re: moving on/R.P. -- freeman -- 2008-04-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: moving on

Go to another board -