TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Look Who's Talking!
Yingwen Laoshi - 2008-05-23

Shirley, you wrote:-

"Pronounciation - Why don't teachers correct black kids when the pronounce words wrong?"

My reply:-

When the "What?" pronounces wrong, and what does that have to do with black kids?

Why don't people correct you, when you write a post on a public forum that's full of poor grammar, while criticizing other people's poor use of the English language?

You wrote:-

"So don't feel sorry for yourself and get busy and learn!"

Nobody's perfect, but it seems like you make no greater an effort to write well, than those who you criticize, make in speaking well. It's time that YOU got busy!

As another poster mentioned: ironic isn't it?

Physician, heal yourself!

"This is not a matter of ebonics it is a matter of correct speech and is demanded of white students as well."

Well set the example, then. When you've managed to learn English, yourself, then maybe you can have the honour of teaching the "black kids" how to speak.

You wrote,

"We have enough problem with non-english speaking people. There is no excuse for people who live here not to pronounce words correctly."

There would also be even less excuse for one who's put themself on a pedestal, like you have, to write so poorly.

"You may only know a few but these few need to be pronounced correctly. I wouldn't hire anyone that couldn't speak correctly."

I deduce from the above that you wouldn't employ anyone like yourself then?

I think EVERYONE would be RELIEVED that you wouldn't hire them, full stop. Who in their right mind would want to work with somone as bigoted as you?

I know a few "black kids" in London who would be happy to help you to improve your English writing.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Look Who's Talking!

Go to another board -