TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Relevance Turnoi
James McAllister - 2008-06-06

Interesting that you think I can "pretend" to be something and "claim to be something" at the same time. Also, it would be interesting to see you show some 'general standards" in the use of English. Some of my university students have proven themselves more capable of using English than you have in your multiple yet tiresome posts in these forums. I've noticed before that you consider yourself fluent in several languages. It has become quite apparent that English is not one of those languages. Basically, you massacre the language and by claiming to be a master of it you only show your inability to strike a more humble pose. I have no problem with non-native speakers attempting to show their mastery of the language, but I would rather see them approach that attempt from a position that acknowledges their realization that "mastery" in this context carries the meaning of willingness to try. Far too often, though, you simply have shown that you reached a point in your language studies where you concluded that good enough is good enough. Unfortunately, for you, good enough is not good enough. But don't get me wrong my linguistically challenged friend; I'm not accusing you of being incapable. I'm only accusing you of resting on your laurels. Not quite good enough. Your use of the English language. is sub-par. Apparently, so is your comprehension. It's never too late to learn though. It's quite possible that with a little effort you might improve. I wouldn't bank on it though.......... lol - right backatcha...................

Messages In This Thread
Re: Relevance Turnoi -- James McAllister -- 2008-06-06
Re: Relevance Turnoi -- Hurricane -- 2008-06-06
Re: Relevance Turnoi -- callmefred -- 2008-06-07
Re: Relevance Turnoi/I am the Walrus -- Jerome -- 2008-06-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Relevance Turnoi

Go to another board -