TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Updated Visa requirements for China
Clinta - 2008-06-18

I am currently teaching English in China and hold a one year foreign expert visa, which I found quite easy to get in January of this year with help from my employer even though I don't have a degree (and was honest and told them). I have since been told that the government has cracked down on people getting visas without holding a degree as some schools now find it difficult to fill all positions. I have struggled to find a completely up to date and reliable account of what are actually the new rules in China and if at the end of this year I will still be able to return and teach without a degree (some people say it will probably go back to the old system post olmypics) Is there anyone out there with info on this?

I will not teach illegally on a tourist visa, or anything else like this, I will only return again if I can legitimately get a working visa of sorts.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Updated Visa requirements for China -- Clinta -- 2008-06-18
Re: Updated Visa requirements for China -- BrandeX -- 2008-06-20
Re: Updated Visa requirements for China -- mary -- 2008-06-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Updated Visa requirements for China

Go to another board -