TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › SHENZHEN??? You GOTTA be joking!!!
The Arrogant One - 2004-10-30
In response to cities in the south (A.)

> Gus,
> try Shenzhen in guangdong province. it's near the ocean, has better
> air quality, and not far from hong kong.
> in fact living in shenzhen makes it possible to go in and out of
> China via hong kong.

> you also might want to visit Guangzhou a city not too far from
> shenzhen.
> the air quaility is not so good but the city is more interesting than
> shenzhen and many foreigners tend to enjoy the city better.

> also the people in guangzhou are attractive and helpful.
> you get a feeling of culture there unlike shenzhen that is merely a
> commerical city for business.

===================================================

MAN! It's obvious you've never been in Shenzhen during the SUMMER! Last year, I had occasion to spend 9 days there during the month of August ... ABSOLUTELY the hottest and most humid I've ever experienced ANYWHERE on this God's Green Earth ... including THE CONGO and NEW DELHI! In fact, I left long ahead of schedule for the simple reason that I couldn't f#!@%&* BREATHE in that s**thole excuse for a Chinese metropolis! In fact, at the conclusion of my stay, when I was offered a fairly good teaching gig there, the only words that came to mind were: NO WAY, JOS!

By the by, I might also make mention of your consistently failing to capitalize the names of cities in your post! Also, despite my ill sentiments toward Shenzhen, I do believe it is a COMMERCIAL city, as opposed to the mere "COMMER-ICAL" variety ... and watch out when you're discussing AIR QUALITY instead of plain, old, run-of-the-mill "AIR *QUAIL-ITY!" ( *You MUST be a #@!%^& Republican! ) {Sorry, Man, I've been teaching all day, and it simply hasn't as yet left my blood stream!}

Love from,
The Arrogant One

Messages In This Thread
cities in the south -- A. -- 2004-10-29
SHENZHEN??? You GOTTA be joking!!! -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-10-30
Thanks for making me laugh on a dreary Sunday morning, far from home! -- marie -- 2004-10-31
enemy to all -- A. -- 2004-10-31
Like Starbucks, there's one on every corner! -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-10-31
A and O -- A. -- 2004-10-31
PLEASE don't tell me you're "a teacher!" -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-10-31
You win -- A. -- 2004-10-31
THE HONESTY OF RECOGNITION -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-10-31
Is this the custom here? -- x21 -- 2004-10-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › SHENZHEN??? You GOTTA be joking!!!

Go to another board -