TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What are the working conditions in Chinese schools like?
Beatrix - 2004-11-17

HI,

I'm very interested in getting your feedback regarding the professional treatement of Qualified teachers in China, with a degree of any kind or a Bachelor of Education.

Are there appropriate break times? Are you allowed to make coffee? How many breaks do you get in a days teaching, etc. Are you allowed to use things such as lighting on a grey winters day? Do you have electrical heating or gas heathers that emit fumes, Do you have to mop the floor at the end of a day?
Can you have more than 3 days off sick over 1 year without being fired? If you have small classes, can you photocopy for example.
Would you be able to pop out for 10 minutes if you needed something from the store, such as lozenges.
Are you treated with dignity and respect or is there a control issue?

I was quite shocked in one of my previous positions-the English Military Academy on the block as previously mentioned in other posts. The kids even had to salute the director, and often screamed out dialogs-no joking.

Replies much appreciated. ;)

Beatrix.

Messages In This Thread
What are the working conditions in Chinese schools like? -- Beatrix -- 2004-11-17
Chinese working conditions -- Dave -- 2004-11-17
teaching in china -- BillJacot -- 2004-11-18
more questions. -- Beatrix -- 2004-11-18
Again it varies -- Dos -- 2004-11-18
Varies -- Dos -- 2004-11-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What are the working conditions in Chinese schools like?

Go to another board -