TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: BSK shanghai
ConsterNation - 2008-09-06
In response to Re: BSK shanghai (Ron Cash)

I sympathize with your plight, Ron; however, yours is a classic case of having not done sufficient research before plunging into what for you was uncharted waters. Hopefully, others who are about to take a similar plunge will read your post and avoid making the same mistake. If so, your hassle will, in a small way, have been worth it.

I'm a little surprised that you would suggest, though, by your limited experience that, "The people of Shanghai are very hateful toward foreign teachers." You were there how long? Long enough to support such a conclusion? Moreover, your problem with getting a hotel room may have simply been the fact that many hotels are not authorized to provide rooms to foreigners, and by doing so, even though they'd love to take your money, they could get in serious trouble. Still, considering what you experienced, I can't blame you for feeling as though you were singled out for a thrashing.

Better luck next time, and believe me with a little more attention given to research you could probably find your way into a good teaching position in China. Not that such a position would be totally hassle free - hassles sort of come with the territory in the EFL business in China, but most of them are minor and easily accepted and/or overcome. If you'd like to include your email in a follow up post, I'd be happy to point you in a few good directions.

Messages In This Thread
BSK shanghai -- Stuart -- 2008-07-13
Re: BSK shanghai -- Ron Cash -- 2008-09-05
Re: BSK shanghai -- teachngo -- 2009-09-20
Re: BSK shanghai -- ConsterNation -- 2008-09-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: BSK shanghai

Go to another board -