TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Needed?
Foxy - 2008-10-03

Turnoi has posted:
I think the Foxy poster tries to say that Africans depend on working in such a backwater place like IELTS Yuncheng because they may not find a job somewhere else in better parts of China - that is because the schools prefer to have FTs with Caucasian look. If so, then this clearly a strong racist component, and as such it is a shame!
Thanks,Turnoi,for explaining why on my behalf.I also agree with you that it is a shame!
Sorry,Fish - I should have explained at length exactly why in the post relevant to your question.I'll do so now.
Unlike many schools in China,Yuncheng IELTS does not seem to place any emphasis at all on the colour of a foreigner when hiring one as a FT.
But some observers would likely comment that that's because not so many Caucasians apply for teaching positions in Yuncheng because of its size,thus giving non-Caucasians a better chance of being offered teaching jobs there.They would probably go on to say that of those Caucasians who apply,most have lesser qualifications than the Caucasians who apply to more prestigious educational establishments.
So non-Caucasians stand a better chance of being offered a job in Yuncheng because of the two factors mentioned above working in their favour.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Needed? -- Foxy -- 2008-10-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Needed?

Go to another board -