TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Opportunities when leaving China
Wond'ring aloud - 2008-10-14

For much of the past seven years I've lived in China, teaching English at pretty much every conceivable level. Way back in 2001, when I first came here, part of my motivation was I believed that, as an American, "China experience" might lead to some opportunities at home. Well, I'm ready to go home, at probably the worst possible time considering the current economic mess. Before I came here to teach I was already a teacher at home, but I taught "social studies," not English. If I really had to I guess I could do that again but I'm sure that, at 49, I'll wind up in some hellhole district where I fear for my life on a nearly daily basis. I've learned enough Chinese that I could probably teach it at the basic level. Besides that I can't think of any other job where my "China experience" might prove helpful. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Just fishing here. I plan to go home in February '09

Messages In This Thread
Opportunities when leaving China -- Wond'ring aloud -- 2008-10-14
Re: Opportunities when leaving China -- ESL Daily -- 2008-10-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Opportunities when leaving China

Go to another board -