TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: No pay for four months
Raoul Duke - 2008-10-19

Turnoi,

Not sure which Bureau you mean.

There's SAFEA (The State Administration for Foreign Expert Affairs), or there's the Foreign Affairs arm of the PSB (Public Security Bureau, ie the police...).

My choice might actually be the local Labor Bureau...

However, I'm not too sure contacting ANY of these would be a good idea...especially when a government school is involved. Both agencies seem to exist more to protect the schools from us, not the other way around.

In many years in China, I've NEVER heard of SAFEA actually intervening on behalf of any foreign teacher...has anyone else heard a credible account of such a thing happening?

As for the police...at best they will say that this is a work-related contract dispute; please go away and work it out yourselves according to the contract. At worst, they will be in pretty tight with the school, and will actually become an instrument of enforcing the school's actions. It's quite possible that the Labor Bureau will do the same thing.

I wish I knew more particulars here.

One question quickly comes to mind...has the school by any chance impounded Bo's passport or other such documents? It's not at all uncommon with violations as gross as this one...

No, it may be time to quietly Slip Out The Back, Jack...assuming they still hold their own documents...or to appeal to Bo's Consulate for help, especially if the school holds the passport.

We need more information here!

Raoul

Messages In This Thread
Re: No pay for four months -- Raoul Duke -- 2008-10-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: No pay for four months

Go to another board -