TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers get an excellent english teaching position in China with high salary
Turino - 2008-11-06

Cobra, your written English implies your oral English is far from perfect too!
In fact I didn't ask why ALL non-native speakers of English should not be paid at least 6000 Yuan for teaching English in North China, I only asked why YOU,Cobra,should be paid so.
But of course you cannot expect to jump on the bandwagon of those academics whose second language is English, and who can write and speak English like well-educated native speakers of English.
By the way, don't think that ALL Chinese cannot speak perfect English.Not all of them think first in Chinese and then translate into English - that's a sure recipe for disaster,ie writing and speaking Chinglish!
As for accents, that's another story,one that cannot be generalised either!
Anyway, the best of luck to you. I hope you can find a teaching position paying at least 6000 Yuan in North-East China,which you clearly prefer to other parts of the country.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers get an excellent english teaching position in China with high salary

Go to another board -