TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others
Curious about Visas - 2008-11-10

I've read what Sunk, Turino, and others have to say about visas, and I just have to say, Turino needs to explain himself a bit better in regards to his visa ideas.

Turino, the whole idea of being able to get a new visa after one has overstayed in China, simply by getting a new passport, seems absurd to me. Don't get me wrong, I know China is under developed in most places, but so much so that they can't type your name in and see you have been issued an exit visa?

I saw Turino also complain that no one had thanked him for his advice. I would say that's pretty sad, considering the advice you offered is unsubstantiated and therefore dubious at best. Do you know anyone who has ever done this? It sounds more like an urban legend than anything else. Your advice could cost Sunk a lot of time and money if he or she actually followed through and took it. Just think, the cost of a new passport, time spent waiting to get it, you could be costing this poor person, or sucker, thousands of HK dollars.

You say that your suggestion is ironclad, but you don't tell us how you know this, or from where. Ungrateful is an assertion you made in regards to some of the people here who get advice but dont say thank you. I saw grateful for what? Vague assertions with no evidence to back them up that are extremely expensive and not even proven in any way are sure not anything to be grateful for.

In the future, if you want praise, I'd suggest Turino, and others, that you give better advice, that is clearly trustworthy. and backed up by more than just your word. There is just too much conflicting advice given here to take your word for it.

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others

Go to another board -