TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others
Turino - 2008-11-20

I had posted: IF your new passport is a temporary one, etcetera. That was because I didn't know whether or not it was.
And some foreigners in the situation you were in would have preferred to exit Hongkong A S A P for China, in the knowledge that the extra money they would have to spend on two new passports, a fast temporary one followed by a slow 10-year one would have been more than compensated for by the lower cost of living on the mainland. Besides, deadlines for accepting job offers and/or optimum times for seeking jobs might well have also entered into the equation in their case.
In any case, you were not careful enough before, just like me. But as they say, once bitten, twice shy.
Having said that, other thread readers viewing what I posted might well think, unlike you, that it is NOT superfluous information.
Maybe they will become as cautious as you or me after having read this thread. So I reckon my penultimate post in this thread needn't necessarily have been a waste of time. I hope not, anyway.

Messages In This Thread
In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- Curious about Visas -- 2008-11-10
Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- Turino -- 2008-11-10
Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- Sunk -- 2008-11-11
Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- Sunk -- 2008-11-14
Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- Sunk -- 2008-11-18
Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- Not Sunk after all -- 2008-11-19
Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- Turino -- 2008-11-19
Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- sunk -- 2008-11-20
Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others -- Turino -- 2008-11-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: In regards to Visa advice given by Turino and others

Go to another board -