TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Problem of employing non-white/ native speakers: real or imagined?
Yingwen Laoshi - 2008-11-21

Thanks, riddlemethis,

Sorry about the late reply, but I have been particularly busy with mid-terms and extra activities that I've been involved with, over here.

I agree with your point about white native-speakers being known to generally rock the boat. Schools in China, generally want yes-men who won't question things and make themselves "nuisances" (Actually, probably a worldwide phenomenon). Leaders, usually want to be left in peace to potter on in the same way they always have.

I'll write more when I'm less strapped for time. In the meantime, take care, and keep believing in what you are doing.

All the best,

Yingwen.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can non native speakers get an excellent english teaching position in China with high salary -- Belligerence -- 2008-11-05
Problem of employing non-white/ native speakers: real or imagined? -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2008-11-07
Re: Problem of employing non-white/ native speakers: real or imagined? -- riddlemethis -- 2008-11-07
Re: Problem of employing non-white/ native speakers: real or imagined? -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2008-11-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Problem of employing non-white/ native speakers: real or imagined?

Go to another board -